Well, I am ahppy to say that what I wished to do yesterday, I did today. Yesterday, I was in dire need of going out and being surrounded by nature and today I got a chance to do exactly that. I had gone for some fieldwork in a town called Chorvad (as well as a small village called Jarari). 15 minutes ahead of Chorvad lies a place called "Holiday Camp", it's a beach area. In the middle of the day we had some time off, so we took the chance to go visit there and it was totally worth it. It was exactly what I wanted, ocean for as far as the eye could see, nice coconut trees leading up to the beach, blue skies, warm water, a pebbly/shellish/sandish beach and that wind. God I am falling in loving with this wind that I think only India has. It's so pleasant and refreshing. That was a great part of the day.
The rest of the day as well went really good. I am realizing that I really do like interacting with people. I like meeting new people and talking with them about things. Also, I sat in a chagda again today after a long long time. For those of you who have forgotten what a chagda is, it's this motorbike with a lorry attached filled with people. I still very much enjoy riding in a chagda :P
Also, I did another thing that is new to me. Usually when I am travelling back and forth between Keshod and Ahmedabad, I take sleeper buses. Well today, I needed to come back to keshod from a village that was about 25/30 km away (yes I was travelling alone). And I saw this sleeper bus and just asked will it drop me off at Keshod and the driver and his two helpers said yes. So instead of getting a proper seat, I sat with the driver and his helpers by the door right in the front. As a result, what I saw was what the driver sees when they are driving, and it was lovely as the sun was just setting, the sky was a mixture of blues/reds and oranges. And I also realized just how skilled you have to be to be able to drive volvo buses on Indian roads.
Nonetheless, I had a fantastic day today! Hope yours went well as well!
Richa
PS: I have posted some new pics and they are available at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/sharma.richa41/DropBox?authkey=hgBCTUY0u6Y#
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
richa, miss you lots. finally was able to see your blog! will call on the weekend. hugs, b.
ReplyDelete