I feel like an A-1 moron at the moment. Why? Well, I bought two bulbs, one for my bedroom and one for the bathroom tonight. I went in and the first one when I went to plug it in, lit up for half a second, scared me, and resulted in the bulb crashing on the floor and falling apart into tiny pieces. One down. Alright, so then I go to the bathroom, hoping this time it would be different. I manage to put the bulb in the socket, and think, alright, it should work now. I turn the switch on, it lights up for a second and fuses out on me!!! WHY??? I have a suspicion I cannot exactly blame the quality of the bulbs for this one. Rather, I know I did something stupid. Now if only I knew what exactly was that stupid thing. So, at the moment, I am out of two bulbs and feeling like a complete moron. If anything, this has been a ridiculously humbling experience since it forced me to realize that if I can’t even put a stupid bulb in a socket and make it function properly, I shouldn’t exactly go crazy on my ability to “CHANGE THE WORLD!” Plus, I had a good laugh, grrrrrrrrr stupid me.
Anyway on a completely different note, tomorrow I am conducting a focus group, or at least that's the plan. More importantly, will try to do it in Gujarati. Most likely it will end up being a mixture of Hindi and Gujarati together but still, I am finding that when I am forced to speak in gujarati, something or the other does come out. It's gramatically incorrect and quite broken, but am still managing to speak at times and understand others many times as well. So hurrah for that. Now I will see how tomorrow goes, but will keep you posted on that.
But, tomorrow night am going to Ahmedabad! Hurrah! Taking a few days off and going to spend the last night of Navratri there (a festival where people dance for 9 nights), so hopefully I will get a chance to see Ahmedabad's Navratri after a very long time. I am not sure how I am celebrating that night, but will also let you know about that.
In the meanwhile, it's 1.40 am right now and I am not sure if I want to sleep or keep reading on Focus group discussions and gender or just go on digg.com and kill time. Hm......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment